‘This recipe guarantees great results – don’t forget to serve drizzled with lots of maple syrup,’ says food editor Jo Rees, ‘And blueberries make a nice addition too’.
1. Mix the wet ingredients, then mix in the dry and beat together until the batter is smooth.
2. Let the mixture stand for 20 mins.
3. Heat a frying pan and put the two dessert spoons of butter in it to melt, then pour the butter into the batter and stir in.
4. When the excess butter still in the pan is frothing, pour a couple of tablespoons of batter into the pan – you can make the pancakes as big or little as you like – and when the pancake has plenty of bubbles on top, turn it over with a spatula and cook until golden.
5. Stack up loads on a plate in the oven (very low heat) to keep warm, putting a knob of butter between each one and on top of the final one, and drizzling with maple syrup.