From Sam Clarke, pastry chef at The Metropole in Padstow, who says, ‘I serve this with a sesame and poppy seed tuile.’ The liquid is measured in grammes for accuracy.
1. Warm the milk to just below boiling point.
2. Whisk the egg yolks. Add the warm milk to the whisked egg yolks and heat to 82°c then pass through a fine sieve.
3. Add the blue cheese.
4. Next, soak the gelatine leaves for 5 minutes in cold water then drain. Add the gelatine to the custard, mix and cool to room temperature.
5. Semi-whip the double cream and fold into the cooled mix.
6. Pour into individual serving bowls and chill for at least 5 hours.
The Metropole Hotel
Station Road, Padstow, Cornwall, PL28 8DB.
Tel. 0800 2300365