‘These are delicious. Try making them with raw grated beetroot or parsnip too, and vary the cheeses,’ says Martin Dorey, presenter of One Man and his Campervan.
1. Peel and coarsely grate the carrots.
2. Whisk the milk and egg yolks in a medium bowl to combine.
3. Add the flour and baking powder, whisk in.
4. Next, stir in the grated carrots, the feta, chilli flakes and some seasoning.
5. In a clean bowl, using a clean whisk, beat the egg whites to soft peaks and gently fold into the mixture.
6. Heat 2 tbsp of oil and the butter in a frying pan until sizzling.
7. Fry the fritters in the hot fat for 3 minutes on each side. You’ll need about 2 tbsp of mixture for each one.
8. Serve hot from the pan.
Taken from Martin Dorey and Sarah Randall’s book, The Camper Van Coast, published by Salt Yard Books.
Not sure what to drink with this recipe? See Susy Atkins’ blog for her recommendation .