From Paulene Alvis of Lye Cross Farm in Bristol who says, ‘This is so easy, and lovely as as a starter or to accompany pork or a steak.’
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°c/gm 4.
2. Remove the stalk from each mushroom and chop, then put into a mixing bowl.
3. Add the stuffing mix and half the grated cheese and mix.
4. If using dried stuffing, add boiling water until you get a soft (not wet) consistency.
5. Fill the mushrooms with the mix, then top with more cheese.
6. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes until nicely browned.
Lye Cross Farm Shop
Redhill, Bristol, BS40 5RH
Tel. 01934 864600