‘These chocolate digestive brownies are a perfect combo of my all time favourites. I call them brownies with a twist. The twist comes from adding crushed digestive biscuits right at the end. Follow this simple recipe and bite into perfect brownies with a mellow crunch.’
You will need
- Unsalted butter 175g
- Dark chocolate 100g
- Milk chocolate 100g
- Chocolate digestive biscuits 150g, crushed
- Plain flour 130g
- Castor sugar 300g
- Large free range eggs 3
- Preheat the oven to 150°c/gas 2 and prepare a standard 23×33 cm brownie tray.
- In a heat proof bowl, melt the butter and chocolate over a pan of simmering water making sure that the base of the bowl is not touching the water.
- Once the chocolate and butter have completely melted and slightly cool add the flour and sugar and mix well. Now add the eggs and beat till it forms a smooth mixture.
- Add crushed digestive biscuits and give it a quick mix by hand before pouring it into the baking tray. Bake for 35 minutes for the perfect brownie that has a nice crust but squidgy and moist from the inside.
Alia Faisal quit her office job to set up her own cake business, Hundreds and Thousands Cupcakes in October 2011. She’s a self-taught baker and lives in Bristol.