These chocolate honeycomb bites are perfect for picnics, lunchboxes or simply an afternoon treat
You will need
- Unsalted butter 75g
- Pecan halves 100g, roughly chopped
- Sea salt flakes a pinch
- Dark chocolate 300g
- Golden syrup 2 tbsp
- Crunchie bars 3, 40g bars
- Heat a small knob of the butter in a pan and, when foaming, tip in the pecans with a pinch of crushed sea salt flakes.
- Stir over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes or till toasted – you’ll smell them when they’re ready.
- Tip the toasted nuts into a bowl and leave to cool.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and melt in a medium pan with the rest of the butter and the syrup, stirring.
- Once the chocolate mixture is smooth, take the pan off the heat. Chop the Crunchie bars and add the chunks, along with the toasted pecans, to the chocolate mixture.
- Gently mix together before transferring to an 18cm round or square cake tin. Leave to set for a couple of hours at room temperature or an hour in the fridge.
- Remove the chocolate cake from the tin and cut into quarters, then cut each quarter into 7 or 8 angular chunks.
Chef’s tip: ‘These will keep for days in a tupperware box or tin, and each one will give you a satisfying sweet nugget of crunchiness,’ says Martin
Find more campervan recipes in Martin Dorey’s The Camper Van Coast cook book, available at www.martindorey.com