You will need
Skrei cod 2 x 130g fillets
10% salt brine 500ml water, 50g salt
For the risotto:
Arborio risotto rice 150g
Fish stock 500ml
Picked white crab meat 50g
Wild garlic 10g, shredded
Salt to season
For the pak choi:
Pak choi 2, base removed
For the sauce:
Good quality soy sauce 40ml
- For the cod: whisk together the water and salt until clear. Lay the cod fillets in the solution and allow to soak for 35-40 minutes. Once firm, rinse under cold water and pat dry.
- Cut a 4 inch section of the leek, half and remove the centre and retain the 3 outer leaves. Blanch the leaves in boiling salted water for 45 seconds. Remove and plunge in ice water.
- On 2 squares of clingfilm, arrange the leek leaves so overlapping and place the cod fillets on top. Roll into a boudin and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- To cook, poach the boudin in simmering, heavily salted water until 42°C in the centre.
- For the risotto: melt 40g butter in a heavy bottom saucepan. Add the rice and toast until light brown.
- Add a ladle of the fish stock and stir until combined. Repeat this process for 12 minutes or until the rice is cooked al dente. Stir in the remaining butter, remove from the heat and add the crab meat, wild garlic and salt.
- For the pak choi: separate the leaves, wash and pat dry. Wilt in a pan with butter and season to taste.
- For the soy sauce: whisk the ingredients together in a bowl until combined
- To plate: Add the risotto to a shallow bowl, top with the cod and pak choi before dressing the plate with the soy sauce.