‘Use sea beet to make this quick and tasty seashore breakfast, lunch or supper. Try it without mackerel to really taste the sea beet flavour. For vegetarians, fry a finely chopped clove of garlic with the onion,’ says food blogger, Alan Cree.
Read his blog post on foraging for sea beet for more hints and tips.
1. Grill or fry the fish and flake the flesh.
2. Thinly slice a quarter of the onion.
3. Wash, remove the stalks, roughly chop and blanche the sea beet in simmering water and drain.
4. Beat the eggs and add seasoning.
5. Lightly fry the onion in some oil, add the flaked fish and sea beet. Pour over the egg mix and cook until set.