Pillowy soft nougat studded with pistachios makes for the perfect edible gift. Start perfecting this recipe from Alex Pallatt at Dolton’s Rams Head Inn and wow your friends during the gift giving season
You will need
Granulated sugar 600g
Egg whites 3
Icing sugar 75g
Pistachios 300g, shelled
- Put the glucose in a pan with the granulated sugar. Heat gently to dissolve the sugar.
- Turn up the heat until it hits 157ºc. Swirl to distribute the heat and leave to cool to 148ºc.
- Whisk the eggs until stiff and then add the icing sugar. Slow down and add the hot sugar and continue beating for approximately 3-4 minutes or until the mix comes away from the bowl.
- Add the pistachios and pour onto a surface that has been dusted with cornflour. Shape using a palette knife.
- Tap off the excess cornflour, lay the nougat on baking parchment and leave to set.