Makes 10 servings
You will need
Onion 150g, sliced
Garlic 20g, cloves
Unsalted butter 100g
Chicken or vegetable stock 1l
Pumpkin seeds to garnish, toasted
Pumpkin oil to garnish
Sage to garnish, chopped
- Cut the pumpkin in half, remove the seeds and cut into large segments.
- Place onto a tray oiled with olive oil. Add a little of the salt and place into an oven at 160°c for around 35 minutes until nearly cooked (the segments should be lightly coloured). Turn halfway through cooking.
- In a saucepan, sweat the onions and garlic with the butter and remaining salt until soft.
- Add the cooked pumpkin, then cover with the water and stock and add the sage.
- Bring to the boil then simmer gently until cooked.
- Place in blender until smooth, adding a little more seasoning and stock to taste.
- Garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds, pumpkin oil and a little chopped sage.