You will need
For the crumble topping:
Plain flour 100g
Brown sugar 50g
For the filling:
Caster sugar 100g
Apples 750g, peeled, cored and chopped
Yeo Valley ice cream 1 pot
- Preheat the oven to 180°c.
- Make the crumble topping by rubbing the flour into the butter and then, when combined into tiny breadcrumbs, add the sugar. Put aside.
- Make a direct caramel by stirring the sugar in a heavy bottomed pan on the stove. Keep the sugar moving with a spoon until it has turned into golden caramel.
- Add the butter to the caramel. Stir until dissolved and the mixture starts to look like toffee.
- Add the apples and cover with the toffee mixture. Don’t panic if it starts to solidify slightly – you may need to keep it on the heat for a minute while combining.
- Transfer the mixture into an ovenproof dish and cover with the crumble topping. Place into a preheated oven for 10–15 minutes until the top is nicely browned.
- Serve with Yeo Valley Organic salted caramel ice cream or double cream.