This Greek inspired peach and halloumi salad from Tonia Buxton is bang on trend and the perfect summer side to serve at your next impromptu barbecue
You will need
Ripe peaches 3, halved and stoned
Olive oil 2 tbsp
Halloumi cheese 250g
Red chicory 3, root intact, quartered
Spring onions 1 bunch, trimmed and chopped
For the dressing:
Red chilli 1, deseeded and finely chopped
Fresh coriander ½ large bunch, roughly chopped
White wine vinegar 5 tbsp
Clear Greek honey 3 tbsp
- For the dressing: place all the ingredients in a large, lidded jam jar and shake to mix well.
- For the salad: slice the peach halves into 5 wedges and cut the cheese into 1cm slices. Heat half the oil in a large frying pan and fry the halloumi for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Add the chicory and spring onions to the hot oil, fry for a minute or two to lightly colour and wilt the leaves. Transfer to a plate lined with absorbent kitchen towel.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and fry the peaches over a high heat for 1 minute to soften and colour slightly.
- Gently combine all the prepared ingredients onto a big plate and fold in the dressing.
Recipe taken from The Real Greek with Tonia Buxton, £20 (Blink Publishing)